Deferment or Suspension Request
Severe illness or injury, where a medical certificate states that the student was unable to attend classes; bereavement of close family members; major political upheaval or natural disaster in the home country is requiring emergency travel, and this has impacted on the student’s studies; a traumatic experience, etc., you can access your request here.
If you have Compassionate or Compelling Circumstances, which are generally those beyond the control of the Student and which have an impact upon the Student’s course progress or wellbeing, you can request here. These could include, but are not limited to:
- serious illness or injury, where a medical certificate states that the Student was unable to attend classes
- bereavement of close family members such as parents or grandparents (Where possible a death certificate should be provided)
- major political upheaval or natural disaster in the home country requiring emergency travel and this has impacted on the Student’s studies
- a traumatic experience which could include:
- involvement in, or witnessing of a serious accident; or
- witnessing or being the victim of a serious crime, and this has impacted on the Student (these cases should be supported by police or psychologists’ reports)
- where the registered provider was unable to offer a pre-requisite unit, or the Overseas Student has failed a prerequisite unit and therefore faces a shortage of relevant units for which they are eligible to enrol.
- Inability to begin study on the course commencement date due to delay in receiving a Student visa.
Please Note: The above are only some of examples of what may be considered compassionate or compelling circumstances. VTI Staff will use their professional judgment to assess each case on its individual merits. When determining whether compassionate or compelling circumstances exist, VTI will consider documentary evidence provided to support the claim, and should keep copies of these documents in the Student’s file.
Step 1: Read our policy about Deferring, Suspending and Cancelling here.
Step 2: Download the form at the button below.
Step 3: Fill in the form, sign and send it to VTI at firstname.lastname@example.org (Melbourne Campus) or email@example.com (Hobart Campus).
After submitting your request, we will let you know whether we have received your email. Then, we will process within the time stated in the relevant policy and procedure.
Get the form?
Download, fill it in, sign and send it to us.