Vocational Training Institute has a range of facilities and services to support learning and to help you get the most out of your time with us.
Visit our Student Support Service office to get face-to-face support, advice and information.
International Students Support
Our International Student Support team will support you from your initial inquiries through to your course completion. We want to ensure that your time as a student at Vocational Training Institute is as rewarding as possible.
We will work to make your experience at Vocational Training Institute positive. We understand the challenges international students face as you adjust to a new culture and environment, make new friends, and successfully complete your studies. Be assured you are not alone. We are here to help.
We offer you:
- Airport reception service on your arrival in Melbourne (this must be pre-booked).
- An Orientation program to assist with your transition to living in Melbourne and studying at Vocational Training Institute.
- Assistance and support on cultural issues, transition to life in Melbourne, study concerns and general questions.
- Support and encouragement.
- A range of social activities and programs.
- An after-hours contact number.
Vocational Training Institute provides a range of academic support programs to all students,
- Improving LLN Skills
- Report writing skills
- English Grammar
- Effective Note taking skills
- Reference Sources
- effective ways to study and manage your time.
If you are having a hard time financially we have professional staff who can provide you with financial advice and assistance with study and living costs.
- General budget help
- Accommodation & your finances
- Transport & parking costs
- Tax return advice
Housing & Accommodation
Career services for Students
We also offer career and employment services for students.
We also regularly runs workshops on career development skills such as:
- Help search for part-time and casual jobs
- job applications
- interview skills
- planning co-curricular activities
- developing career resilience.
Support and resources available for students with a disability.
ACADEMIC AND IN-CLASS SUPPORT
To make sure you are able to fulfil your course requirements, we can provide adjustments such as:
- inclusive teaching methods and practice
- provision of copies of overheads/notes
- allowing classes to be audio taped (where appropriate)
- negotiating alternative assessment arrangements
We can arrange special or alternative support to enhance your learning or performance in your assessments through:
- special seating arrangements
- extra time for assessment tasks
- extensions for assignments
- adjusted or alternative assessments tasks where necessary
Find out how you can resolve your issue or make a complaint.
Vocational Training Institute has a Student Complaint Resolution Policy o guide you through the steps you can take to resolve problems. Our process encourages students to be independent and effective problem solvers.
BEFORE LODGING A COMPLAINT
You should try to resolve the problem yourself before lodging an official complaint. We have a three-step process to help you.
Step 1 – identify the problem and a solution
Clarify your problem and, if you can, think of some possible solutions. You can then approach the most appropriate staff to talk about your concerns.
WHO TO TALK TO:
- academic – if your problem is related to your, you can contact your course coordinator,
- non-academic – for problems not directly related to your study you can the student support service officers.
Step 2 – seek assistance
You have free and confidential access to our support services to assist you with your problem:
Step 3 – initiate action
Speak to the relevant staff member and try to work out reasonable and realistic solutions.
LODGING A COMPLAINT:
If you are unable to resolve your issue after using the three-step process you can:
- Lodge a written complaint.
if you are dissatisfied with the decision about your complaint by a Vocational training Institute Officer, you may lodge an appeal by following the Student Appeals Procedure
EXTERNAL COMPLAINT OPTIONS:
The Victorian Ombudsman independently investigates complaints about RTO’s. They are impartial and do not act on behalf of students or RTO.
The Ombudsman will encourage you to use the internal complaint resolution procedures first.
Contact the Victorian Ombudsman
Phone: +61 3 9613 6222 or 1800 806 314
Fax: +61 3 9614 0246
Address: Level 9, 459 Collins Street, Melbourne 3000.
- Is someone seriously injured or in need of urgent medical help?
- Is your life or property being threatened?
- Have you just witnessed a serious accident or crime?
If you answered YES, call Triple Zero (000). Calls to Triple Zero are free
Emergency services are provided to help all Australians, including international students. The staff who work for these services are highly approachable and helpful.
If you ever find yourself in an emergency you can call ‘000’ for:
This is a free call and can be dialed from all mobile phones, even those without credit. If you place a call to any of these services, the telephone operator will provide assistance until help arrives.
To speak to someone in your own language ask the operator for a translator.
What should I do if my request is not satisfied?
Where and how can I submit a request form?
If you have any requests, please download the form and fill it in with the required details; then, you can bring it to our office and see administrative staff or send it via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there any situation that my enrolment will be cancelled?
– Non-commencement of studies
– Non-payment of a fee
– Students misbehaviours
You can refer to our Deferring, Suspending and Cancelling Policy and Procedure for more details.
If my visa is refused before the commencement date, can I get the refund and if yes, how many days will I get it back to my account?
• Without proof of refusal from Immigration, NO refund will be issued.
• The entitled refund will be made to the Student within 4 weeks after the written request and evidence of documentation is received.
Refer to our Refund Policy and Procedure for more details.
How long does a contract often take?
One year contract will be signed after VTI and an agent agree with all terms and conditions.
Do we need to meet any sales objectives?
We have a flexible policy to our agents; thus, we do not require it.
How Do I Get Started?
Free 10 Min Chat
Let us get to know each other!
Have an official talk.
Start experiencing our best services.